This story is available exclusively to Business Insider subscribers.
Become an Insider and start reading now.
- TikTok held a remote digital event for prospective advertising clients in the Middle East and Africa this week.
- The company pitched its efficacy as an ad platform, revealing new engagement metrics around how long users spend on the platform and watch time.
- The pitch comes as TikTok faces the risk of closure in the US.
- We selected slides from TikTok’s decks with key new information.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Though the app is under threat of closure in the United States and in-person events are shut down by the risk of coronavirus, TikTok continues to market its wares to potential advertisers.
Its latest event, held digitally this week for businesses in the Middle East and North Africa, included pre-recorded keynote talks from TikTok executives and a huge range of downloadable slide decks.
The decks contained new data on how popular the app is, and how it presents itself to the public — plus how the company’s own advertising services can help boost brand visibility.
From engagement rates to how much time users spend on the app – and in which parts – here’s what we’ve learned.